Terms and use of this website
Access to and use of the of this website on any of the domains owned by the Company--including and not limited to theconistonhotel.com (the "Website")--is provided by The Coniston (The Company") and is subject to the following terms:
Access to the Website
- By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this Website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this Website.
- The Company may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made to the Website. Your continued use of this Website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of the Website
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use any of the Website content in any way except for your own personal and non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Website content requires the prior written permission of The Company.
- You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- The Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Company, its products (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- The Company will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Website.
- The Company do not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The Company or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- Descriptions of functionality and screen shots are provided for general information only and may be derived from a number of products, platforms or versions, all such information is supplied on a non-contractual basis and is subject to change, omission or variation by The Company at the sole discretion of The Company Ltd.
- The names, images and logos identifying The Company or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights trade marks and other intellectual property rights of The Company. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, copyright or other intellectual property rights of The Company, or any other third party.
- The Website may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Third Party Websites
- Certain links in this Website may connect to other websites maintained by other parties over whom The Company has no control. The Company makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other websites.
Our cookies are used by:
- Google Analytics (no personal information is passed/stored)
- By viewing our site, you agree to our usage of cookies, and understand that their usage complies with the points above.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in these terms are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under statute which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
- These shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of this notice shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN SHALL AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CUSTOMER
Dog and pet policy
Only a selection of our bedrooms are Dog Friendly please contact us directly to reserve a pet friendly bedroom. Dog charge of £15 Per Dog. At the time of booking please advise if you wish to bring your dog as demand often exceeds supply.
The following are also our required rules for dogs:
Dogs are allowed in Macleod’s Bar, Reception and Huntsman’s Lodge; at busy times it may not be suitable for dogs to be present - please have consideration for other guests
Dogs must never be left unsupervised in the bedrooms
Dogs must remain on leads at all times within the hotel and in the hotel grounds and are never to be left unattended
Owners are requested to clean up after dogs when on walks dog - bins provided
Two dogs per bedroom only
Owners are requested to bring their own food requirements for dogs
Owners are requested to walk their dogs regularly in the beautiful surrounding areas.
Arrangements must be made with housekeeping to service room with pet gone or with owner present
When checking in, the dog owner agrees to the hotel's pet policies, to be responsible for any damage or injury caused by the dog, and to absolve the hotel staff of any liability if the pet or another guest is injured
Owners should bring pet bedding; no pets on the beds or furniture
1. The promoter is the Coniston Hotel Ltd companies no 3459771.
2. Employees of The Coniston Hotel or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our competitions.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
6. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
7. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
8. Winners will be chosen: By an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
9. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
10. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
11. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
15. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Coniston Hotel, Coniston Cold, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 4EA
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. Our promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Coniston Hotel and not to any other party