The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa welcomes up to two dogs of any size in accordance with our policies and guidelines below.
If you would like to book a stay and bring your pet, you must contact the hotel before booking to ensure one of our pet-friendly rooms is available.
- Two dogs are permitted for an additional charge of £20.00 per dog, per night.
- Owners / guests must advise the hotel in advance of arrival if they wish to bring a dog.
- Guests are permitted only to have one dog in any room or suite at any given time.
- Any stains or damages must be paid for according to the cost of replacement or repair (a security deposit may be requested upon arrival).
- Owners / guests are asked to control any noise made by their dog to ensure it does not disturb other guests.
- Dogs cannot be left alone in any room or suite at any time.
- Staff are not permitted to care for the dog (e.g. feeding or walking)
- The dog must be kept on a leash when in public areas.
- Guests are asked to pick up any deposits left by the pet immediately.
- Dogs must be well trained.
- Dogs are never allowed on beds or furniture.
- Pet foods cannot be purchased at the hotel.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on the terrace, The View and Macleod's Bar & Lounge.
- The Hotel reserves the right to review our accommodation commitment if operational issues occur.
Dangerous Dog Act 1991
Under the above Act, from December 31st 2023, the XL Bully breed is banned in England & Wales. Under the legislation existing owners of this breed must apply for a Certificate of Exemption.
Owners must follow the requirements as set out below:
- The dog must be neutered.
- The dog must be microchipped.
- The dog must be registered.
- The owner must have up to date third party public liability insurance for the dog.
- The dog must be muzzled and on a lead at all times when in a public place.
The Hotel reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog not considered to be in compliance with the above requirements. Where the Hotel permits entry to the XL Bully, evidence of the above criteria will be requested and must be made available prior to the date of the stay.
At all times during the stay, the dog must be muzzled, on a lead and under the control of the owner when in any public area within the hotel, including event spaces.
The Hotel reserve the right to terminate the stay of any XL Bully owner not following the above requirements. Payments made for the reservation will be non-refundable.
• The Hotel reserves the right to review our accommodation commitment if operational issues occur.