Reopening Guidance Guest Services
Our Commitment to You
Updated: 24 June 2020
When guests arrive at out hotel over the next few months, you will notice a number of new protocols, specific areas of focus include:
- All guests must pre-book in advance. This will apply to the use of all our facilities.
- All guests will need to have completed a COVID-19 questionnaire before entering the Hotel and Restaurant 24 hours prior to the date of arrival.
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you, unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- We have reduced car park spaces to ensure social distancing is maintained. A member of the team will be on hand to assist with parking during peak periods.
- To ensure you feel at ease when charging your car, we have placed sanitiser stations near our electric car charging units.
- For the foreseeable future, we will only be be accepting credit and debit cards as a payment method.
- Due to our focus on increased hygiene practices, dogs will not be allowed in our Hotel and Restaurant for July.
- Increased sanitiser and wipes will be available throughout the guest journey for both guests and team members.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (masks, face shields and gloves) will be available and in place to protect our team.
- We have added to our already comprehensive cleaning practices, paying close attention to high-touch areas and ensuring surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. Cleaning of public areas will be implemented with increased frequency.
- To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, we will be using signage in Reception to remind guests and staff to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. We are planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for guests. In addition, we will be introducing an mobile app so that guests can check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service at their convenience and without contact.
- Our team have been trained on how they can still uphold the high levels of service they pride themselves on in the changed environment, and look forward to giving the warm welcome that The Coniston is known for whilst adopting our new safety measures.
- Newspapers and marketing material will be removed from Reception, Bedrooms and Country Cottages.