A Taste of The Coniston: Rustic Chicken Curry
Looking for something simple yet nutritious for tea tonight? Take a look at our quick and easy Rustic Chicken Curry recipe! A hearty dish that is a favourite with all the family!
- 1 x Large Onion
- 3 x Garlic Cloves (finely diced)
- 50g Ginger (finely diced)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 x Chicken Fillets (approximately 600g, diced)
- 250ml Hot Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sturdy pan on a medium heat.
- Lightly fry the onion, garlic and ginger, and once the onion goes translucent add spices and sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken into the pan, ensuring it is coated in the spice mixture, and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Empty the the tin of chopped tomatoes and continue cooking on a medium heat for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes reduce and darken.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes with a lid on the pan until the chicken is tender and the sauce lightly thickened. You might need to add a ladle of stock/water if the curry needs it.
To serve, sprinkle the freshly chopped coriander and enjoy with basmati rice and naan bread. Delicious!
Serves 4 People
Image: Jcomp on FreePik