Meet the Team: Thomas Robertson

We are delighted to introduce you to Thomas Robertson, our Blossom Head Chef and Estate Development Chef, and share a bit more about Thomas' role at The Coniston.

 

What do you love most about working at the Coniston?

The place and the team really make my day. We are a close team and always try to look out for each other, and there's nothing like turning up and seeing the sun rise coming over the lake, no two days are the same, but on a clear day, its always amazing.

 

How long have you worked here?

I have worked at The Coniston for 1 Year.

 

What is your job role?

My job role is Blossom Head Chef and Estate Development Chef, which involves me providing Asian Fusion Dishes to our customers in Blossom Kitchen and Help in the developmental capacity throughout the Estate.

 

Typical day in your job role?

90% of my role consists of daily duties in Blossom Kitchen, Preparing Dishes for our guests and general kitchen duties. The other 10% is working with the team on new menus and the development of dishes on the menu.

 

What is your favourite dish on the menu?

My favourite Blossom Kitchen is the Smoked Bacon Bao Bun and in The View it is always going to be a steak and glass of Red Wine

Favourite things about the Dales and favourite place to go?

My favourite thing about The Dales is how quiet it is and the amazing views. As I have a love for the outdoors, my favourite place to go is anywhere that I can camp in!